Thursday, August 19, 2010

Laced to a Tee Skirt

From humble beginnings, a little old t-shirt slowly transformed....
into a beautiful lace trim skirt!

Remember a few weeks ago when I shamelessly showed you this, but said I couldn't tell you what it was in case I managed to salvage it?

Well... luckily it wasn't trash day, so the next morning I thought better of my slight outburst and pulled 'er back out of the dump to at least stuff in a craft drawer until I mustered the creative courage to try again. After the delightful afternoon of window shopping around the bloggy blog world I was telling you about here, how could I not be feeling creatively gutsy once again?

I just loved how quick and simple the
Toddler Skirt and Shirt by Lil Blue Boo was, which was just the perfect thing to recover my originally sundress bound and already half way cut up shirt into...
But of course I couldn't help adding my own little spin to it, so I spiced it up with some lace trim along the bottom.
I learned my lesson from the sleeveless yoke dress that an outfit isn't complete if it doesn't have pockets. So I decided to add a dainty miniature gathered pocket right in front with a matching lace bow to tie it all together.
Naturally, the pocket was Sienna's favorite part until she discovered that nothing goes better with lace than mommy's heals and pearls!
During our modeling session she was simply too busy with phone calls to look at the camera. When I asked her if she could look at Mommy for a picture, she stared at the ground said in her adorable and strangely almost English accent,

"Mommy, I just can't look at the camera right now, OK?"

I suppose I'll just have to get in touch with Ms. Sienna's agent at a later time.... for now, this is as good as it gets.

Silly girl, where does she come up with this stuff?

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute. I have a couple of shirts that might turn into skirts for my toddler.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails