Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Grrr!!!

Do you ever finish a project and just when you're almost finished finally have the realization that (or at least finally admit to yourself)

"oh my gosh, I actually really hate this..."

Do you ever have it happen twice in a row?!

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot seem to make a pile of dirt that I'm happy with this week!

Take Project #1 for instance...
I knew somewhere in the first hour that I was not striking gold anytime soon with this one, but I kept trucking along until I "finished" my horrible potentially lovely masterpiece.

I kept trying to convince myself that it wasn't that bad.... the idea was great.... with a different fabric it'd be perfect....

nope.

wasn't working.

Finally my less than tactful and obliviously honest husband walks in and says,

"Ew! What is that for???"

Funny how that really was what I needed to just let go, FINALLY.

He was, however, kind enough to snap this overly flattering picture of poor lil' ol' me just before I desperately fled to Project #2
Project #2: too pathetic to tell you what it was, but suffice it to say it was my rushed, frantic attempt to rebound from the disastrous project #1...

Or just call it a predestined failure waiting to happen.

Rebounds didn't work for relationships, why should they work for sewing? Unlike Project #1, this was a proven pattern that should work for any patient and careful seamstress, but I was in a hurry and tried to cut corners... or more accurately in this case I might have tried to sloppily tuck them into a hem or two.

Yep, just not my day I guess. That or I'm starting to think that me and my sewing machine need some time apart....


2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails